Michael E. Leavey
Michael is a member of Dorough & Dorough, LLC and has been with the firm since 2003. Michael practices in the area of commercial real estate, focusing on condominium law, residential and mixed-use real estate development, and community associations law. In his practice, Michael represents national, regional and local developers and builders on a broad range of issues, including acquisition, disposition and development of real property in transactions related to condominium, residential, commercial, townhome, mixed-use and master planned communities. Michael also represents community associations on various matters regarding governance and operation, including preparation, review and revision of community association governing documentation. Michael has been a frequent contributor to “Georgia Commons,” the quarterly magazine of the Georgia Chapter of Community Associations Institute, since 2008, and he currently serves as the Chairperson of the committee charged with creating the content for that magazine.
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., 2003
- Georgia State University, B.A., summa cum laude, 2000
- State Bar of Georgia
- Georgia Superior Court
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
Select Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia (Member, Real Property Law Section)
- American Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association,(Member, Board of Directors Real Estate Section, 2010- ; Chair, Real Estate Section, 2013-14)
- Community Associations Institute – Georgia Chapter, (Chair, Magazine Committee, 2016- )
In the Community
Michael lives in the City of Decatur with his wife and two sons. He stays active in the community, including by serving as den leader for his son’s Cub Scout group. Michael was appointed by the Decatur City Commission to the City of Decatur Zoning Board of Appeals in 2010, and he currently serves as Chairperson of that Board. Michael is a member of Leadership DeKalb Class of 2014.